Atal Pension Yojana Eligibility and More Information:
11% of the Indian population has already subscribed themselves under the Atal Pension Yojana. The major objective of the Atal Pension Yojana has been to provide a pension to the retired section of the population. It has been aimed to provide even the lowest sections of the Indian population with a retirement plan efficiently. The pension amount of the Atal Pension Yojana can be of the different amount from – Rs 1000, Rs 2000, Rs 3000, and Rs 4000 up to Rs 5000 per month once the person has retired.
The money contributed by any individual has a guaranteed return after the age of 60 years i.e. after retirement. To encourage the masses to apply for this scheme and get a retirement plan, the government has also mentioned a bonus contribution to the subscribers who have the APY account. The government will contribute this sum to their pension account of 5 years.
Atal Pension Yojana Eligibility:
The Atal Pension Yojana has some important eligibility criteria which everyone who is interested needs to abide. Here are the Atal Pension Yojana eligibility criteria you should know about.
- All the citizens of India are eligible to enroll for the Atal Pension Yojana.
- Citizens of India are eligible if they are under the eligibility of Universal Adult Franchise i.e. 18 years or more than 18 years of age.
- The maximum age within which the scheme needs to apply for is 40 years. This is because there must be at least 20 years of subscription for the Atal Pension Yojana before the monthly pension starts.
- The main document and personal proof of all your important details will be your Aadhar card. It is the same for the nominated person and spouse.
- Your account must be linked with an active mobile number for regular monitoring and for receiving important notifications for your account. You will be able to get SMS alerts related to your account.
- The applicant should also maintain a valid bank account in any of the banks he/she wants to but the minimum balance should be maintained.
How to Apply For Atal Pension Yojana?
By following these steps one can easily apply for the Atal Pension Yojana.
- All Indian nationalized banks provide the people with Atal Pension Yojana scheme.
- The Atal Pension Yojana Application forms are easily available online or at the banks as well.
- One can easily download the application form from the official website.
- The pension applications forms are currently available in these major Indian languages- English, Bangla, Hindi, Kannada, Odia, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu.
- After the form has been filled correctly and you will need to submit it to your respective bank.
- With the Application form, you will also be required to submit a Xerox of your Aadhar card.
- Once the process has been approved, you will get the message confirming your actions.
Apply Atal Pension Yojana Online – https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/scheme-details
Download Atal Pension Yojana Application Form – https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/scheme-details
So here are the important eligibility criteria and how to apply details about the Atal Pension Yojana in India.