- The announcement for unveiling OPPO A-series has freshly lined-up its smartphones to Indian market preparing its launch on 5th April, 2021, unless there is a formal interruption due to Covid-19.
- The company has launched the Oppo A74 4G and Oppo A74 5G devices that pack octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets.
- The first set of these series was found with an Australian retailer, but not only this but the Filipinos already had taken a closer look over these sets during the previous week.
- Rumors followed that the pre-order in Philippines sold off a huge quantity of both its 4G and 5G sets which greatly can affect the competitive market.
- The whole point of excessive craze was because for the very first time a 5G smartphone was available only under 20,000 may it be for Filipinos or for Indians. It was a great news for both the countries.
- The 4G model is priced at PHP 12,000 which translates to Rs 18,193 approximately in Indian currency.
- The device owned a smooth 5,000mAh battery that supports fast charging and up to 90Hz refresh rate.
- Connectivity features include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, and USB Type C port.
- The 4G variant packs a 5,000mAh battery and supports 33W fast charging which gives you a full charge in just over 70 minutes.
- Both the devices A74 4G and A74 5G run on the ColorOS version based on the Android 11 operating system.
- The available colors for both these sets are Prism Black and Midnight Blue.
- As for cameras, Oppo A74 5G gets a quad rear camera that includes a 48MP primary sensor, 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor.
- The front camera of 5Gset carries the same 16MP sensor as the 4G variant.
- But surprisingly, the 5,000mAh built-in battery of the 5G version only supports 18W fast charging.
- The connectivity features are the same as that of the Oppo A74 that are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and USB Type C port.
- Oppo A74 4G sports a 6.43-inch AMOLED display with support for Full HD+ resolution but misses out on a high refresh rate. The fingerprint sensor is built under the display.
- The phone comes powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 chipset, paired with 6GB of RAM, and offers 128GB internal storage. The 5G set on other hand is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor that brings 5G support for mid-range devices along with 6GB+128GB storage configuration as well.
- Talking about the camera, Oppo A74 4G offers a triple rear camera that comprises of 48MP primary sensor, 2MP macro sensor, and 2MP depth sensor. On the front, the phone gets a 16MP selfie camera.
- Oppo A74 5G costs more than the 4G variant, which promises additional features in tow. The phone features a 6.43-inch LCD display that offers Full HD+ resolution and supports a 90Hz refresh rate as well.
- Lastly, the fingerprint sensor on 5G model shifts to the side, integrated into the power button.
|Release date||5th April 2021|
|Launched in India||No|
|Dimensions (mm)||162.90 x 74.70 x 8.40|
|Battery capacity (mAh)||5000|
|Colours||Fluid Black, Space Silver|
|Screen size (inches)||6.50|
|Processor make||Qualcomm Snapdragon 480|
|Expandable storage type||microSD|
|Expandable storage up to (GB)||256|
|Operating system||Android 11|
|Rear camera||48-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 2-megapixel + 2-megapixel|
|No. of Rear Cameras||4|
|Rear auto focus||Yes|
|No. of Front Cameras||1|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v 5.10|
|Number of SIMs||2|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|