• From today (April 28, 2021), onwards at 4pm, the registration for the third phase of Coronavirus Covid vaccination for the ages equals to and above 18 to 45 years of age will begin prior to the vaccination process from May 1, 2021.
• Announcement was made by the Union Government on 19th of April that the given age limit shall be eligible for the vaccination process from May 1 onwards.
• Also, from May 1, the types of anti-coronavirus vaccine and their prices will be displayed on the CoWIN portal for citizens to make an informed choice at the time of booking an appointment at a private vaccination centre.
• The government has already clarified that there will be no walk-in allowed for beneficiaries in the third phase. And that only the ones with self-registration and advanced appointments within the age limit of 18 to 45 years of age shall be eligible strictly.
• As provided in the Liberalised Pricing and Accelerated National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy document, all priority groups, such as healthcare workers, frontline workers and citizens above aged 45 years or more shall continue to be eligible for vaccination free of cost by May 1, from government CVCs, or on payment from private CVCS.
• Registration process will be held on the official website www.cowin.gov.in , as well as on mobile applications such as Aarogya Setu App & UMANG App.
• The Aarogya Setu and UMANG are the mobile applications started by the Indian Government for contract tracing and disseminating the medical advisories related to the Covid-19 vaccination.
• The advanced appointments and booking at the State government centers and private centers shall alternatively depend the amount of vaccination to be supplied to a particular center by the first date of May.
• About 50 per cent of COVID-19 vaccines shall be supplied by the manufacturing company, Central Drugs Laboratory (CDL) to the government centers and private hospitals in the open-market.
• Vaccination will continue to be provided free of cost to the eligible population as defined earlier which include Health Care Workers (HCWs), Front Line Workers (FLWs) and all people above 45 years of age at Government of India (GoI) vaccination centres.
• The Serun Institute of India has priced Covishield vaccine at Rs 400 per dose for states and Rs 600 per dose for private hospitals whereas, Bharat Biotech has decided to sell its Covaxin at Rs 600 per dose to states and Rs 1,200 per dose to private hospitals.
• Below detailed are the possible steps in two different online platforms to be taken for the registration of the phase 3 vaccination.
How to register at cowin.gov.in:
 Click on the direct link here: www.cowin.gov.in/home on web browser.
 Next click on the link that says, “Register/Sign in”
 Enter your mobile number and click on ‘Get OTP’ button.
 Once the OPT is generated in your phone with that same given phone number, enter it and click ‘Verify’
 Enter details about name, age, gender as on accepted photo ID proof
 Click on ‘Register’
 After registering, click on the ‘Schedule’ option
 Enter your pin code, or select from the list of states and then the districts.
 Select the vaccination centre, date and time and click ‘Confirm’
Note: One can also reschedule appointments and as many as four people can register for vaccination using a single mobile number.
How to register in the Aarogya Setu mobile application:
 Click on the CoWIN tab on the home screen of the Aarogya Setu app.
 Click on Vaccination Registration
 Enter phone number to receive the OTP
 Aarogya Setu will lead to Registration of Vaccination page
 Enter details like the Photo ID card type and number along with the name of the beneficiary
 Enter the pin code to get the list of the vaccination centres and click on the desired vaccination centre
 Enter date to check availability
 Select a time slot
 Confirm appointment