- Honda has recently planned to launch adventure bike NX200 in India in the month of November, 2021.
- In case you are not sure what the adventure bikes do, they are the types of motorcycles with touring capability on paved and unpaved roads. They are also dual-sport two-wheeler vehicles that significantly biased with pavement and perform equally well at higher speeds unlike most dual-sport bikes.
- Talking about their characteristics, their size, weight and tires at times limit off-road capability that functions well even on graded dirt and gravel roads.
- Now that Honda has planned to launch the bikes with lower capacity, it is definite that these bikes will have only one cylinder but with dual-sportified machines capable of riding on off-roads.
- Many Indians cant afford to purchase a sportified bike that runs on off-roads. They generally tend to be costlier than the average bikes. Ever having any dream of visiting a hill station by road, or any mountain area like Leh, Ladakh, cruiser bikes are no more the infinite options.
- People living in these mountain areas can afford a capable and valuable two-wheeler than isn’t costly in terms of money plus provides the smooth experience even on mountain and rocky roads other the expensive cruiser bikes.
- Honda has recently registered NX200 in India; the name Honda NX is new to India, whereas it has been used overseas for numerous years for bikes like NX125, NX250, NX650 and others.
- For the Indian market, it is more likely to have a unique design based on the Hornet 2.0 platform, that is similar to the CB190X sold in China.
- This fair launch for India follows the NX as its trademark notable for being the best dual-motored bikes such as Xpulse 200. However, it is more likely that the upcoming Honda bike would be road-biased ADV.
- The expected starting price for the upcoming adventure tourer bikes for the 2021-2022 new launch is 2.30 lakh Indian rupees for Benelli TRK 251. The price tag goes highly up to 13.25 lakh Indian rupees for the bike called BMW F 850 GS.
- As per the designing is concerned, the upcoming bikes shall use the same mechanical albeit but with a different bodywork to avoid piracy.
- Around 15 adventurer bikes are likely to be launch and this includes bikes like Benelli TRK 251, MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800, SWM Superdual T as well as the Honda NX series.
- The engine of Honda NX series resembles the bike CB190R. Similarly, even its design matches the bike CB190X. However, they have few ADV elements too that helps in longer travelling suspension.
- Other practical features of NX series include ADV oriented style beak, hand guards, a taller windscreen as well as engine bash guards.
- One can expect the same 184 5cc 2-valve, having an air-cooled single cylinder engine from the Hornet 2.0, despite what the 200 in the name might suggest.
- The chassis would more likely to remain untouched. In other way, the chassis will also resemble that of the Hornet one.
- Honda NX is more likely to borrow the 17-inch wheels as well as break set-up from the Hornet2.0.
- If Honda is planning to bring this bike to India, the company might do so, in a couple of months, given that the Hornet 2.0 was launched last year August.
- Its could be currently priced around Rs.1.45 lakh Indian Rupees as per the ex-showroom, Delhi.
- In cases you are planning to purchase a new Honda bike in 2021, below given is the list of the other popular Honda models with respective to their prices as per their ex-showroom:
- 2021 Honda CB1000R– Rs. 14.46 lakh
- Honda CB300R-Rs. 2.41 lakh
- Honda CBR500R-Rs. 4.99 lakh
- Honda CB500F-Rs. 4.79 lakh
- Honda PCX160-Rs.1.20 lakh
- Honda Forza 350-Rs. 3.00 lakh
- Honda CBR1000RR-R-Rs. 30.00 Lakh
- Honda Rebel 300-Rs. 2.30 Lakh
- Honda Rebel 1100-Rs. 12.00 lakh
Key Specifications about Honda NX200:
|Mileage||Not yet revealed|
|Engine Type||Single Cylinder, four stroke, natural Air cooling|
|Max Power||16.8 PS@8000 rpm|
|Max Torque||16.3 Nm@7000 rpm|
|Body Type||Adventurer, sporty|
|Fuel capacity||12 L|
|Kerb/net weight||149 mm|
|Load capacity||150 kg|