- The new 350 cc motorcycle is rumoured to be called the Royal Enfield Hunter 350, releasing this year in October with a price tag of 1.70 lakh Indian rupees.
- The bike will be based on the same J modular platform that stands under the RE Meteor 350, though both of them will be completely different in design.
- The motorcycle features a teardrop-shaped fuel tank, single-piece seat with a pillion backrest and a round-shaped tail-lamp. Also, the motorcycle gets shorter front and rear fenders.
- It also features a round headlamp with chrome bezel, fork gaiters and engine sump guard. It will get an upswept exhaust, round headlamp with short front mudguard, and disc brakes.
- The motorcycle is expected to share several components and cycle parts with the Meteor 350. The buttons, handlebar grips, twin-pod instrument console with tripper navigation and dual-channel ABS system will be shared with the Meteor 350.
- The exhaust system looks similar to the 650cc roadster and so do the tail lamp and indicators.
- The bike spied earlier had traditional twin rear shock absorbers whereas this one comes with gas-charged units, just like the one in the Interceptor 650.
- What we don’t know is how much the Hunter will weigh, but it certainly appears less substantial and dimensionally smaller than the Meteor, so it should be lighter, making it slightly quicker.
- Expected colour variants of RE Hunter 350 are Silver, Dark Grey, and Black.
- The upcoming Royal Enfield Hunter 350 will be positioned against the likes of the Honda CB350RS (CB250 Road-Sailing) and the 2021 Jawa Forty-Two.
- Check on the detailed list of features of Jawa 42 below.
Key Specifications of 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa:
|Model/ variant||Hunter 350|
|Price||1.70 lakh INR|
|Colours||Silver, Dark Grey, Black (Expected)|
|Current Status in India||Upcoming|
|Expected launch date||October, 2021|
|Braking System||2-channel ABS|
|Top speed||110 kmph (approximate)|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||349 cc|
|Max Power (bhp@rpm)||20.4 PS @6100 rpm|
|Engine Type||Single-Cylinder, 4Stroke, Air-Oil cooled engine|
|No. of cylinders||1|
|Max Torque||27 Nm @4000 rpm|
|LED Tail Light||Yes|
|Competitors||Jawa Standard 300, Jawa 42, Benelli Imperiale 400, Bajaj Avenger 220 Cruise, RE Classic 350|
Engine and Transmission:
|Engine Type||Single-Cylinder, 4 stroke, Air-oil cooled engine|
|Max Power||20.4 OS @6100 rpm|
|Max Torque||27 Nm@4000 rpm|
|No. of Cylinder||1|
|Cooling System||Air and oil cooled|
|Valves Per Cylinder|
|Drive type||Chain Drive|
|Fuel Supply||Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||Electronic Ignition ECU/Variable|
|Gear Box||5 Speed|
|Air Cleaner||Paper Element|
|Number of gears||5|
|Gearbox Type||Constant Mesh|
Features and Safety:
|Console||Analogue and Digital|
|Low fuel warning light||Yes|
|Global Positioning System (GPS)||Yes|
|Comfort Features||Electric Start, Pillion Footrest, Pillion Grabrail, Step-up Seat/ Split Seat, USB Charging, Engine Kill Switch, Pillion Backrest|
|Charging at Home||No|
|Charging at Charging Station||No|
Chassis and Suspension:
|Chassis/Frame||Twin Downtube Spine Frame|
|Front Suspension||Telescopic, 41 mm forks|
|Rear Suspension||Twin Tube emulsion shock absorbers with 6-step adjustable preload|
|Front Wheel Travel||130 mm|
|Rear Wheel Travel||80 mm|
|Headlight||12 V, H4-60W/ 55W (Halogen)|
|LED Tail Lights||Yes|
|Turn Signal Light (Front)||Bulb, 12V, 10W x 2 Nos.|
|Turn Signal light (Rear)||Bulb, 12V, 10W x 2 Nos.|
|Automatic Headlamp On (AHO)||Yes|
|Low Oil Indicator||Yes|
|Low Fuel Indicator||Yes|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Battery type||Maintenance Free|
|Battery capacity||12 Ah|
|Battery Voltage||12 V|
Tyres and Brakes:
|Tyre Size||Front: 100/90-19 Rear: 140/70-17|
|Wheel Size||Front: 482.6 mm Rear: 431.8 mm|
|Front Brake||300 mm single disc with twin piston floating caliper|
|Rear Brake||270 mm single disc with twin piston floating caliper|